Designer and owner of website - Aruna C Bernier
Responsibilities - Front-end design
Me as the designer had full creative freedom to design my site to my satisfaction. I have created the whole layout
and design, conceptualization, text and content creation and organization, navigation, menu items, right hand navigation,
breadcrumb, logo and all image creation, placement, and font color.
Programmer/developer/custom database designer - Jeff Bernier
Responsibilities - Backend design
In one sentence, Jeff has brought my site design to life. He made the site possible exactly the way I wanted and without
compromising any aspect of my initial design creation, start to finish.
QuickTime technologies are involved in the site construction. All coding was done by hand instead of using a GUI
Phase I of the site - Complete
by hand instead of using a GUI development tool.
Phase 2 of the site - Coming Soon
- Will include all of the above plus a database and a server side scripting language.
- Thumbnail images will have captions and also description pages added that currently don't exist in some sections.
- More images will be added and different quotes will automatically rotate on different pages of the site.
Issues that both of us always kept in mind
- Technical issues/limitations consideration
- Site maintenance
- Screen resolution consideration
- Page weight / download time consideration
- Database driven site maintenance
- Cross browser compatibility consideration
- Usability testing
- Navigation and search capabilities consideration
- User Interface design
- Image creation/production
- Digital photography
- Good communication and correspondence
- Not to delete each other's work as we progressed and edited pages with plans for a concurrent version system for the next phase
For search engine submission we used the free tool from Submit Express.
Free search engine submission and placement services!